Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Resignation from PZC Alternate

Wednesday December 2, 2009

Ruth Parkins - PZC Chairperson
Rick Schultz - PZ Dept Administrator
Planning & Zoning Commissioners.

I'm disappointed that after review of the City Charter by the City Attorney, I have become aware of a conflict in my serving both as an appointed Member of the Conservation Commission, and as an elected Alternate of the Planning & Zoning Commission. In personal review of the Shelton Charter Section 5.5.c, I had the expectation that I could serve in both positions. An opinion given to me today from City Counsel of Charter Section 5.1.4 negates that understanding.

After consulting with trusted friends and colleagues, I have decided that given the choice of my 11year history of service and subsequent knowledge from activity with the Conservation Commission, versus an Alternate position on the Planning & Zoning Commission where my input is limited to contributing only when replacing a Member, that I could best serve the administration of the City's affairs and my community while serving as a Conservation Commissioner where my current term expires in August 2012.

Regretfully, I resign from my recently elected position as Planning & Zoning Alternate.

This electronic message will be my sole notice of resignation to all interested parties. There will be no hard-copy.

Thank-you for your attention and understanding, and best wishes to the Commission in your days ahead.

Sincerely - Thomas Harbinson.

cc:
Mark Lauretti - Mayor
Margaret Weber - City Clerk
Dave Gioiello - Democratic Town Committee Chair
Tom Welch - City Attorney
sheltoncc.blogspot.com

No comments: