Monday, January 26, 2009

OSPlan, joint mtg of PZC and CC

*update 2009/feb/10: The PZC adopted the OSPlan at their regular February meeting.

The Planning & Zoning Commission and the Conservation Commission had a joint meeting last week as previously reported in the news, and subsequently blogged about by me. What I didn't know, is that a portion of the meeting was recorded on video and uploaded to youtube.

The person behind the camera is Irving Steiner, who has been a concerned citizen around City Hall for several years now on various issues, but primarily those that deal with development and thus he founded a group known as WE-R1.

I have not agreed with everything espoused by that organization or Mr. Steiner, but having good debate and opposing views is healthy for democracy, and so is transparancy.

I believe the public should have the ability to know what goes on among elected officials, and I actively look to further that (witness this blog for example). To that end, I offer this post which illuminates the type of raw data which has been reported on in recent newspaper accounts, and upon which I then blogged my comments. This post includes embeded video recorded by Mr. Steiner, which can also be viewed here.

No comments: